Click on shawl title for pattern link.
|Ana Petrova's "Hug Me Now" Shawl. I just proofread this pattern and will be knitting it soon!|
Yes, I know it will be 99 degrees in parts of Los Angeles today. However, out in Santa Monica where I work it's only 77 today! The evenings have been getting cooler, thankfully! It must be shawl season.
Why are there so many shawl patterns on Ravelry? Why are all of my friends knitting and/or crocheting shawls constantly? There are many reasons. Here are a few:
1. Shawls always fit. You don't have to worry about tight upper arms or button/bust-stretch.
2. Shawls are perfect to keep off the chill when the seasons change.
3. Shawls are nice cover-ups on an airplane instead of those questionable airline blankets.
4. You can wear a sleeveless sun dress or top and cover up your arms (or other body parts)
5. Shawls are perfect for air-conditioned places.
6. You can make a shawl for a friend and not worry about the fit.
7. There are so many great shapes for shawls: Triangle, rectangle, circle, half-circle
8. They can be worn like a big scarf.
9. If you wear mostly neutral-colored clothing, a bright shawl can spark up your outfit.
10. When you are not wearing your shawl, you can drape it across the back of a chair and decorate the room.
Conclusion: You can never have too many shawls!
Labels: Art, Fashion, Friends, Los Angeles, yarny stuff