Friday, September 16, 2005

Hats 'R Us

Last night's WeHo Stitch 'n Bitch was great. There must have been about 20 people there. Now that the weather is getting cooler, it makes sense to knit and crochet hats, scarves, sweaters, etc.
I didn't take any photos last night of the group or of our projects, but I will inject a few pix of my beloved Farmers Market. It's one of the most unique places in Los Angeles. It started out as a farmer's truck farm in 1934 at 3rd and Fairfax. Today, all of the quaint stalls within the Market have restaurants, souvenier shops, fruit and vegie stands, specialty foods, etc. There are always music performances and just a wonderful casual atmosphere. The Grove is next door to the Farmers Market. It's a high-end outdoor shopping mall. Since it's opening, The Grove has really pulled lots of people into the F. Market. This is good and bad. I really like The F. Market in the winter when the crowds aren't so big.

Anyway, back to HATS! During the summer I was on a crocheted crusher hat kick. Pictured are a few samples. My friend, Shannita crocheted this faboo multi-color crusher hat out of Noro Silk Garden! Gorgeous! Our crusher pattern is modified from this pattern. I suppose I should try some mittens to go with all of those hats!

This weekend, we'll be visiting the L.A. County Fair. I'm looking forward to seeing all of the craft areas. Of course, I'll be sampling some deep-fried Twinkies and Mars Bars! Have a great weekend.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:37 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share your love of the FM! What a great place! Thanks for welcoming me (Sara #4) to the WeHo SnB on Thurs. night... it was fun to meet everyone.
Looks like your blog attempt #2 is a success!

 
At 12:46 PM PDT, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Sounds like fun. As soon as I get over this jet lag (I fell asleep at 6pm last night) I'm going to start going to my local S&B!

 
At 3:35 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere - once you start, you can't just quit, you know. Have fun at the fair! We went Friday and saw a pair of goats born!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery