Wednesday, June 07, 2006

King Taco

King Taco....where the taco is King!!! We love King Taco. I cannot believe that I have NEVER been to this legendary taco place in Los Angeles. There are several branches, most of them located on the eastside of town. I happened to be driving east on Pico Boulevard last weekend and saw a King Taco near the corner of Pico and Alvarado!

My fellow blogger, Bandini at
The Great Taco Hunt has written about this place endlessly, always basing his taco comparisons on King Taco. It seems that this place is the standard of excellence that all other tacos are compared. I couldn't agree more.

The menu is simple, tacos, sopes, quesadillas and burritos. They also serve breakfast. There are two kinds of hot sauce. My friend, Brit warned us that both are REALLY hot, but delicious. King Taco offers all of your favorite soft drinks including Horchata which is a milky Mexican drink made with almonds, rice, cinnamon, sugar and lime. We ordered a taco de carnitas (pork) and a taco de carne asada (beef). Both were crispy and delicious...no visible fat. Each soft taco is topped with fresh cilantro and sweet onions and hot sauce. We also ordered a plain quesadilla with guacamole on the side. The cheese in the quesadilla was the creamiest and most delicious jack cheese I've ever tasted. The guac was good too. We topped off our meal with an Orange Slice soft drink.

Perfection for under $5 each!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I am a tacoisseur and I've never been to King Taco...Hmmm, must plan a trip!

 
At 11:06 PM PDT, Blogger El Bandini said...

mmm king taco

I havn't been back to king taco since the start of my blog. I used to eat there 3 times a week and was a loyal customer but since my taco journey I have yet to return to my beloved King Taco. It's like I've cheated on my best girl and I'm afraid to face her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery