Thursday, December 28, 2006

Works In Progress

Lizard Ridge Crochet - Noro Kureyon Yarn
Now that the holidays are over, I'm finally able to get back to a few WIPs (works in progress) I have hangin' around. I started a crocheted version of the faboo Lizard Ridge Afghan that I read about on knitty.com. Lots of people are making the knitted version. Knitting the blocks was just too slow for me, so I received a clue from A Mano's Shannita about this wavy crochet pattern. I modified it to look more like the knitted pattern and started crocheting! I purchased some sale Noro Kureyon online in 3 different shades. I'm crocheting the afghan in one piece, since the color changes in this yarn are long. I just love how the pattern looks. For my next attempt at this stitch I may just use 3 colors: 2 different colors for the waves and one color for the single crochet-outline row. It's intoxicating.


While I was thinning my yarn stash last week I noticed that I had a large amount of thin Lionbrand Chenille yarn. Since my boss's granny afghan turned out so beautifully, I decided to make a granny chenille afghan using up all of that yarn. When I get tired of crocheting Lizard Ridges, I switch over to granny squares.
Granny Squares - Lion Brand Chenille Yarn

Of course, I have a few more WIPs hangin' around, but that will be for another post!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 12:03 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Ellen! The crocheted Lizard Ridge is just as nice as the knitted one! Congratulations on a gorgeous pattern.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 12:10 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:11 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

just love how you put your colors together. I can never do anything that calls for mixing/matching. Call me monochromatic. Or don't, b/c that sounds mean.

Love both the LR and the chenille grannies.

 
At 12:56 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

I was hoping for a pic of the LR afghan. I didn't know you were crocheting it. It's beautiful!

 
At 2:04 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the comments, Goils!
Hey Monkeygurrl....I didn't put the colors together for the Lizard Ridge afghan. Noro put the colors together. Noro is brilliant!

 
At 3:35 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

You did these granny squares and the squares for your boss's blankie. those colors were put together beautifully. Don't try to evade my compliments, woman!

 
At 10:56 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lizard Ridge is even more stunning in person!

 
At 2:29 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your version of the lizard ridge!!! i'm currently hoarding skeins of kureyon to start my own crocheted lizard ridge-ish creation... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery