Monday, February 26, 2007

Not Stash....COLLECTION!

Bel Canto DK Yarn from Yarn Place
Euphemisms 'r Us! I've decided that my yarn is not a STASH. It's a COLLECTION...like rare antiques, ancestral dishes or vintage jewelry. I added to my collection this past week at Stitches West. The Market Place was incredible. I kept going back and seeing more collectibles. I didn't buy half as much as many of my fellow SnBr's. I tried to restrain my collecting, since I did sign up for Knit From Your Stash 2007.
The Bel Canto yarn, above was recommended by teacher fabulosa, Sally Melville. She often takes a lighter weight multi-colored yarn and knits in a slip stitch pattern with a solid color, like black.
Socks That Rock from Blue Moon
I already started a crochted top-down shell with this yarn. I just couldn't resist the texture! So silky and smooth!
Braided Leather Strap from Homestead Heirlooms
I'm going to use this strap for my next hobo-style handbag.

Cotton Crepe from Just One More Row

I have some ribbon in similar colors that I think will work well with a side-to-side jacket.

At the student banquet on Saturday night I actually WON some yarn. It's the most beautiful Ultra Alpaca....perfect green/brown color...love it!

Prize Ultra Alpaca from Berroco
I did purchase a few more accessories as gifts....can't show them yet! All in all, it was a glorious vacation. I learned a lot, met some wonderful people and enhanced my yarn COLLECTION.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 2:03 PM PST, Blogger Faith said...

oooh. everything looks fabulous. I totally want to see that ultra alpaca in person. I'm so glad you had fun! See you thursday!

 
At 3:53 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

Oh now I remember the sock yarn! You're right; it does have beautiful colors. The STR is working up beautifully.

 
At 4:53 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Great additions to your, er, collection! Love how the STR is crocheting up. And congrats on winning the Ultra Alpaca.

 
At 5:29 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I like your thinking. And I love your additions. Those crepe cakes actually made my mouth water!!! Yummy yummy yum yum. Not bad at all, Elleblo, when you consider how much was practically being THROWN at you!

 
At 8:21 PM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

It was nice meeting you in person, outside blogland (we met Saturday while you were sorting through the Bel Canto). The show was great! I did not get a chance to take a class or go to the fashion show so your commmentary and photos were very informative. I like the idea of trading out the term stash for "collection" it sounds upgraded and more artistic.

 
At 10:03 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my stars! That's a gorgeous collection.

 
At 11:49 PM PST, Blogger WineGrrl said...

Hmmmm.....sexy, tasty fiber!

 
At 12:20 AM PST, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

These are perfect examples of why I thumbed my nose at the whole "Knit from your stash" movement. Seriously, I have no will power and I would have gone HOG WILD with all that lovely yarn.

 
At 10:04 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your COLLECTION is impressive!! Your days at Stitches look like so much fun! That Bel Canto is GORGEOUS.

 
At 8:51 PM PST, Blogger jillian said...

Beautiful additions! I did spy that yarn...it was very unique. Congrats again on your winnings, too!

 
At 5:55 PM PST, Blogger Lori said...

The Bel Canto looks good enough to eat! I see why you couldn't pass it up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery