Thursday, July 19, 2007

B-Day Blues

Sigh. Tomorrow is my b-day and I've got the B-Day Blues. Yeah, it's one of those milestone b-days...ugh...I'd rather not think about it. HOWEVER, I do have lots and lots of lovely friends who insist on reminding me about the day. The reminders have already begun.

On Saturday at my art opening, Rob brought a beautiful, huge cake for everyone at the reception to share.
Robbie's Cake
Last night at the Farmer's Market, the enchanting Nancy brought a faboo doughnut cake from Bob's, festooned with candles, along with some divine gifties and a hilarious card.
Bob's Doughnut Cake, Courtesy of Nancy
Nancy's Strikingly Familiar Card
Much like last year, I'm taking the day off from work tomorrow to galivant around the City, get a pedicure, buy myself stuff and generally goof off. Mr. Larry is taking me to dinner tomorrow night.

Saturday, we're having dinner with Mom and my Step-Dad in Playa del Rey. Sunday I'm hosting a small get-together at our house with some of my knitastic friends for an ol' lady knit/crochet bee. We're going to work on a group baby blanket to donate to Stitches From The Heart.

Monday, Miss Rhoda is taking me out to dinner. Tuesday Joan W. is taking me to dinner. I've worked it out so I don't actually have to cook anything for almost two weeks. That's the kind of celebration I enjoy the most....shirking all cooking and cleaning duties.

Have a marvelous weekend, everyone....thanks for all the b-day wishes...I'm trying to forget! Oy!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 12:32 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Happy, happy, happy *mumble* day!!!

 
At 12:45 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Treat yourself FABULOUSLY!!! And best wishes for the year ahead...

 
At 12:53 PM PDT, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Happy Birthday! I knew we had something else in common besides the obvious. Mine was yesterday!

How was your art opening? did you sell any more pieces?

You just keep getting better and better,
Ellene

 
At 3:50 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Y'know, about 3 hours after we left the opening, had dinner, and were seated in the comedy club, I turned to the Jman and said, HEY! We dinnint get none of Ellen's cake!!!

I was very bummed, and wondered how you managed that b/c I am a cake 'ho.

Ah, sweet mysteries of life.

Besides, B-days stop counting after you turn 30, so just celebrate the birth part, and forget about the numbers part.

 
At 9:41 AM PDT, Blogger mary said...

Have a wonderful birthday celebration for the next 2 weeks! Happy bday!

 
At 10:03 AM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

Happy Birthday -- my recent ones have been less than enthusiastically met, but they should still be fun! Enjoy!

 
At 1:12 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Mine was sunday...turned the big 4-0 :/
Have a great day!!!

 
At 4:26 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ellen!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds you have had a wonderful week. I hope the plans for weekend work out. many happy returns from the UK

 
At 5:44 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes...especially to those of your from outside So. California! Wow! I love having blog-pals across the pond and across the country!

I've been having a good time today...will blog tomorrow about my adventures.

 
At 5:32 AM PDT, Blogger inkberryblue said...

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays! I hope your day has been everything you've hoped for and more. =]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery