Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Rhoda's Scarf


I've been receiving quite a few requests for the crochet pattern I used for Rhoda's pink scarf. People from across the country and across the Pond have asked about this pattern. How in the world they were directed to my blog is a mystery to me...maybe thru the ever-popular Crazy Aunt Purl or the Granny-Along Blog?

Anyway, here's the pattern. It's just a simple combination of double crochet stitches and shells. You can use any size hook, any size yarn. You can add or subtract stitches to make the scarf wider or more narrow.

For Rhoda's scarf, I used some mystery pink acrylic from my stash, worsted weight and a size "H" crochet hook. I've also crocheted this same pattern using sock yarn and a size "E" hook.

Chain 21 stitches.
Row 1: Sc in second stitch from hook. sc across the row. Turn. You should have 19 sc stitches.
Row 2: Chain 4, skip 2 stitches, dc 5 in next stitch for SHELL, ch 2, skip 2 sts, dc, ch 2, skip 2 sts, SHELL, ch 2, skip 2 sts, dc, ch 2, skip 2 sts, SHELL, ch 2, skip 2 sts, dc in last stitch.
Repeat this row until you have the desired length for your scarf. Do one row of single crochet to finish the edge.
You may add any type of crocheted flowers as a sort of fringe at the bottom. Here's a basic flower pattern. You can use any sort of flower pattern, or just add short fringe to this scarf, or add some pom-poms, or just crochet a few more single crochet rows for a border. I sewed 3 flowers under each shell at each end of the piece for Rhoda's Scarf.
Let me know if you crochet this scarf. I'd love to see your photos of the completed project.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:24 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Is it any wonder everyone wants it? It's beautiful!

 
At 9:57 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen,

THanks so much for posting this pattern. I can't wait to try it.

Nancy
Des Moines

 
At 1:16 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Eet's beeeeyootiful. Perhaps it was the zuke cross-over post that brought you new admirers? (Which you *totally* deserve!)

 
At 7:04 AM PDT, Blogger inkberryblue said...

Could some of the requests be coming from my blog? (I just finished off crocheting another one of your scarves and blogged about it last week, with a link to LA Is My Beat.) It's such a pretty pattern! Thanks for sharing. =]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery