Thursday, September 27, 2007

Baby Boy

One of my co-workers is having a baby. I always like to knit or crochet a little something for the new arrival. I found this darling sock/bootie pattern online. It was a quick knit. I used DK weight mystery acrylic found in my stash. I like this bootie pattern so much, that I might enlarge it to adult size, using bulky yarn and make a few gifts. I added a little crocheted hat for my co-worker's baby boy. I made up the hat pattern as I went along. Basically, it's the granite stitch, increased to about 3 inches, then edged in a picot stitch.
Oh! One More Announcement - Check out Madgik's post today about a super-duper crafty sale on Saturday!!!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 11:32 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling booties and hat!!! That baby will look SO cute, awwwwww.

 
At 1:32 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen...Those booties are just darling. Thanks for the pattern. I'm going to knit some up right now!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 9:36 AM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Just adorable!

 
At 9:58 AM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Great baby knits! I need to get out some of my old favorite bootie patterns too, since our newest granddaughter is arriving in Nov.

As soon as the yard sale is over--more stuff arriving today!

 
At 7:23 PM PDT, Blogger Uccellina said...

Hey, those booties look familiar . . .

Thank you!!!

 
At 10:41 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey uccellina! The booties pictured are a larger pair than the ones you saw at the SnB meeting last night. I like to knit a pattern over and over again to refine and change. This was a quick knit...very fun to make. I just cast on another pair in a pea green color....I'll bring them with me next week! See you!

 
At 7:10 AM PST, Blogger bevq said...

It is always so thrilling for me to see someone's finished product from one of my patterns!

Aren't those booties FUN to make!? I just finished a pair for LDS Humanitarian as they can always use newborn sized booties for their Newborn kits.


Great way to use up small amounts of 'stash' too! =)

HUGS!!!

 
At 2:14 AM PDT, Blogger Ali said...

This is best wool dresses for baby boy. I like it's colour. This is best winter gift.
baby boy dresses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery