Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Revisting

Remember this sweater? I've been making some progress on it and have reached the point in the top-down process where I've put the sleeve stitches on holders, joined the front to the back and am knitting toward the hem. Now that the weather has cooled down a bit in Los Angeles (78 degrees F. today), it's more comfortable to knit with a bunch of wool in my lap.

I do love this color combination. It's Fleece Artist yarn in multi-colors of reddish orange, light olive and burnt sienna, striped with Berroco Ultra Alpaca in olive green. I wear a lot of olive green in the winter, but I don't currently have a good pair of olive green slacks. Finding a pair that would match the olive of the yarn might be futile. I'll stick to my 12 pairs of black slacks. I like that all-one, matchy look. SOOOOO, I thought I'd trim this sweater in a Chanel-like way, using a black boucle' yarn, single crochet around the edges several times. I might even add the Chanel-obligatory trimmed pockets in front...somewhat like this sweater.
Photo by Crazy Aunt Purl @ WeHo SnB 9-20-07

Fall weather makes me happy.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:06 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Dude - I was FREEZING today at lunch, sitting outside. I think you should give me that gorgeous sweater when its done! You knit so fast, you could make another one in a heartbeat, anyway!

 
At 8:37 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Fall weather makes me happy. So does your sweater. You could also just put a black sparkly brooch on it...am I all about the easy way out or what?

Is that the Pea Soup Mix Ultra Alpaca? That colorway rocks.

 
At 5:52 AM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

It's looking wonderful! I love the idea of bordering it in black, very chic.

 
At 9:23 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen!

Your sweater looks great. It's cooler here up in Bakersfield too. Thank goodness!

Judy
Bakersfield

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery