Monday, October 15, 2007

LACMA

Exciting New Construction at LACMA
On Sunday afternoon Mr. Larry and I zipped up the street to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. We hadn't seen the exhibition, "Arts in Latin America" yet. My knit/crochet friend, Alicia, works at LACMA and told us that this exhibit is a must-see. The Salavador Dali exhibit just started, but was way too crowded for us to check it out. We stepped into the LACMA courtyard, and who do we see? Alicia, of course. She was hosting a children's program for the day. We chatted for a bit, then went in to see the Latin America exhibit. Alicia was correct. This exhibit is a must-see. There were artifacts, sculpture, paintings, furniture, etc. from all of the latin countries.

Then, we wandered across the bridge to the 20th Century Art and Photography and toured thru that gallery. Our last stop was for shopping, of course. The giftshop at LACMA is awesome. I took a few photos of some of my favorite items. There were lots of Halloween-themed items. I'm waiting for the Members Discount Day...usually before Christmas, sometime in November!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 2:07 AM PDT, Blogger iwouldratherbeknitting said...

The papier mache pumpkin people are too cute! I could have my art students do something like that.. hummm..

Thanks for sharing the photos.

 
At 10:27 AM PDT, Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Ooooh, I like the skully bags and the woven bag. LACMA is the niftiest place ever, but then I get there and I always have to visit a few well loved exhibits and so run out of time for the stuff I actually came to see.

Perhaps I will start with the stuff I came to see first next time and go visit the old favorites last. It could be a winning strategy. :-P

 
At 10:34 AM PDT, Blogger Alicia said...

Hey Ellen,

Thanks for the visit! It was wonderful to see you at my workplace.

 
At 6:12 PM PDT, Blogger Leah said...

What did you think of the painting of the young Madonna spinning? That was on many of the posters around town. She is using a drop spindle of course.

 
At 3:43 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

*MUST* have vampire Dali.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery