Thursday, October 18, 2007

One more scarf

Photo from "Knitting New Scarves"
Now that I'm a member of Ravelry, I've been adding to my yarn and pattern addiction. I've been queueing up patterns I want to make someday like crazy, fueled by others queueing up patterns....it's a vicious creative circle! There are so many cleverly designed patterns out there. I have a huge amount of vintage knit and crochet magazines, so I've noticed lots of recycling of old ideas, using newer yarns and popular colors. I think it was the real estate developer, Del Webb, who popularized the saying "there's nothing new under the sun." Del was right.

HOWEVER, I was e-mailed a pattern by the publisher to download. The pattern is SHAG by Lynne Barr in her upcoming book, "Knitting New Scarves." I thought I'd had it with knitting scarves. Come on. Only beginners knit scarves! But, when I saw that this scarf was in 3-D, I was instantly intrigued. I don't think I've seen this exact design in any of my old knit books. I could always use this idea for a stand-up collar on a cardigan instead of making a scarf. Of course, the sample scarf in the photo is orange. That may have had something to do with my orange crush. Not sure what yarn I will use from my stash for this one, but it is intriguing!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:14 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like this pattern, you must buy the book! I just bought it last week and it has some really amazing scarf patterns in it, some very challenging, many based on her interpretation of architecture. I think you would enjoy it.

 
At 4:59 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

That scarf is *SO* you - I mean, it's *ORANGE*!!!!

 
At 4:25 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

I saw SHAG and thought...you know, tiki Shag. *grin*

Interesting design, very reptilian. What about using some of your yummy Malabrigo?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery