Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Merry

Photobucket
Crocheted Tree Ornaments
Oh! It's been a festive weekend in the Bloom - Underhill world. On Friday I gifted my co-workers with their wristys. Everyone seemed delighted!
On Saturday my good friend, Rhoda and I went to brunch at Musso & Frank's in Hollywood for a classic meal, then sauntered across the street to the El Capitan Theater to see "Enchanted" with a few thousand mini-princesses in various stages of tutu-dress. After the movie we saw a few super heroes on Hollywood Boulevard and treated ourselves to a creampuff at Beard Papa at the Hollywood & Highland Shopping Center.
On Sunday, Larry and I went to Peter Shire's Echo Park Pottery Sale, Future Studio's Open Studio and then to a friends' home in Glassel Park for a little Christmas party. I'll be sharing the photos of those events with you later in the week.
Today, after I meet up with the Eastside Girls for Montrose Monday knitting, I have to scurry around town to get the ingredients together to make a nice Christmas Eve dinner for my "generic gentile" (his words) husband. I'm trying to re-create the dinners of Larry's childhood Christmas Eves. We're having ham, lima beans & corn (succotash), au gratin potatoes and a green salad. By green salad, I don't mean the kind with green Jello. I just couldn't go that far back into the nutritionless 50's and 60's. We really need SOMETHING fresh at this dinner!
Photobucket
I've baked a bunch of stuff for our neighbors....gingerbread cake, cranberry-raisin orange cake, sugar cookies, so that's probably what we'll have for dessert, unless I get inspired and decide to whip up my fave pumpkin ice-cream pie in a graham cracker crust.
Have a wonderful holiday celebration everyone!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:15 AM PST, Blogger jillian said...

Ha! "Generic gentile"! That's quite a turn a phrase too.

 
At 9:55 AM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

Merry Christmas, Ellen! You and Mr. Larry enjoy, enjoy. :)

xo
c

 
At 6:47 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, Merry Christmas to you and Larry. The food sounds yummy. See you in the New Year!

Love and peace...

 
At 11:25 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Happy Happy Joy Joy & a Merry Merry!

Enjoy your feasties. Love Jello salad. It's a holiday staple in our family.

Joe is loving his wristies. He calls them his Bob Cratchits. Very fitting for this time of year.

Time for bed because Santa is coming soon! Gotta put out some cookies and milk.

Merry Christmas.

 
At 12:00 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Merry, merry to you and Larry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery