Thursday, February 21, 2008

12 Hours Later

I finished another 5-Hour Baby Sweater. I wasn't rushing on this one, so it actually took me about 12 hours to knit. I crocheted a little granny baby beret to go with it. This sweater is smaller than the green one I made for Vivian. Again, I used Ella Rae Classic Wool , this time in a beautiful rusty color called Redwood #33. I had the button for the top of the sweater in my stash.
Tonight, at the WeHo SnB (Farmers Market, 7-9, upstairs dining area), we're having a yarn and cookie swap. Ms. Natalie has organized the event. It should be fun. Everyone has been asked to bring yarn they want to swap and yarn they want to donate to various charity knit organizations around town. We have to keep this yarn separate, or else it will become a free-for-all! Some people will also be bringing home-baked cookies to share, along with a copy of their recipe. If you'd like to participate, but don't want to bake, that's OK too. Just bring a bag of cookies from the store! It should be interesting to see if we can keep the cookie crumbs out of the yarn!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1:04 PM PST, Blogger jillian said...

Ahhhhhhhhh.

 
At 4:18 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color of that little sweater is great, Ellen. It could be for a boy or a girl. The hat looks good too. Nice work!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 4:24 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

Cute cute, speed knitter!

 
At 7:37 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is gorgeous. Love the collar addition and the button. I finished my "first of many", using that pattern and thanks again for the assistance. You were right...just keep knittin' and it all comes together beautifully.
Suzanne in MT.

 
At 7:53 PM PST, Blogger Stephknits3 said...

Ellen, this is adorable! Great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery