Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Small World

Chez Shoes @ lunch today

It's such a small world. A few months ago I posted about SIGNS in L.A. I received quite a few comments on that post. One was from Chez Shoes, asking about a sign she'd seen on North Fairfax Avenue years ago. But that's another story for another day.

I started following Chez Shoes' blog posts. Turns out she's on Ravelry, so I linked with her there. As I kept reading her blog, I saw that we had quite a bit in common. Eventually, she ended up moving to my neighborhood. I gave her some tips and info on places to go. THEN, I found out that her new job is one block away from my job! Yeah...small world.

Today, we met for lunch. I didn't know what she looked like because she never posts photos of her face on her blog. She's soooo mysterious! She recognized me, 'cause my mug is all over my blog! We found out that we have many friends and acquaintances in common, as well as hobbies, likes and dislikes.

I just LOVE the internets!

Ellen's Battered Keens

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 4:42 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

You are unbearably cute. I have no doubt Chez Shoes will soon be joining the WeHo SnB coven. :) If not already.

 
At 5:07 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I love Chez Shoes's shoes. Chuck's for Life!

 
At 5:21 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Hmmm, even LA can be a small world!

 
At 9:11 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a theory that there really are only about 500 people in L.A., and that if one lives here long enough, one will meet all of them :)

Lunch again soon!

 
At 8:49 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so envious! I hope Ms. Shoes will join us at knitting soon.

 
At 9:49 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

They say there are no coincidences. So cool you guys hung out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery