Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Celebrations

It's Purim, it's Easter, it's Spring! Time to celebrate.
We bake Hamentaschen for Purim
We knit Peeps for Easter

We watch the Daffodils bloom in our yard

I'll try to remember to wear my Queen Esther crown at the WeHo SnB tonight in honor of Purim. I may just have to bring some hamantaschen to share with my knit-peeps!

This weekend we're invited to Carol's and Thane's house for the Orphan's Easter Fest. I'm bringing dessert. I'll probably whip up a batch or two of my easy cobbler. For those of you not interested in baking, but you want to please and impress your guests that crave sweets, here's the recipe:

EASY COBBLER

20 oz. can of crushed pineapple (with juice)

16 oz. can pie filling (any flavor...cherry, blueberry, peach)

1 package yellow cake mix, dry

2 sticks sweet butter, melted

In a 13 x 9-inch Pyrex pan, spread all ingredients in layers evenly. Do not mix the layers. First, spread out the crushed pineapple, add the pie filling on top of that (you might have to mix with the pineapple to spread it evenly). Pour the cake mix on top, evening out as you pour. Drizzle the melted sweet butter over the cake mix. Bake at 350 F until brown, approximately 1 hour. The liquid from the pineapple and pie filling meets up with the melted butter and cooks the cake mix in-between. You end up with a crunchy, crumbly cobbler! Serve with ice-cream or whipped cream. This is a REALLLLLLY sweet dessert.


Ellen's Blueberry Cobbler

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 4:52 PM PDT, Blogger LizKnits said...

I guess you really can crochet or knit almost anything... those peeps are just too cute!

 
At 8:07 PM PDT, Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

Like a total tool I was about to head out to stitch n' bitch but the lure of grilled bratwurst and veggies cooked on my grill lured me with it's siren song to stay in and gorge on yummy outside cooking.
Next week though!

 
At 8:10 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Purim! Happy Easter! Happy Resurection Weekend!!

 
At 9:44 AM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Sigh. I miss the days when WMG was wee and she went to the Jewish Community Center for preschool. She'd get all gussied up for Purim, sing the hamentaschen song, and tell us stories in her little baby voice with a New York Jewish accent that she picked up from the "twee twiplets".

Now I'm really jonesin' for some hamentaschen.

 
At 11:20 AM PDT, Blogger mj said...

Damn! I always miss the good stuff when I can't make it on Thursdays. And I LOVE your recipes!! Right up my alley.

 
At 6:27 PM PDT, Blogger Leah said...

Those knitted peeps are just tooo cute!

 
At 7:43 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Mmmm, hamentaschen! Happy Purim! I do hope you will post a photo of you in your Queen Esther crown!

And I love the knitted Peeps. My girls are big Peeps fans. Why, we even had to send a CARE package of Peeps when my oldest daughter moved to Denver and they were nowhere to be found there. I think now Colorado has become civilized enough to actually have real Peeps for sale.

 
At 3:50 PM PDT, Blogger ChelleC said...

Happy Purim! I am going to try that Blueberry cobbler of yours. Bob says, "make me some of THAT!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery