Friday, April 11, 2008

Springtime!

I finished my Koigu Springtime scarf that reminds me of Easter. The colors really pop! I added a sweet little picot edging (also crocheted). Now I will soak and block the scarf. It's so cheerful.

There's a busy Spring weekend ahead. Tomorrow, in the morning I'll be at the WeHo SnB at the Original Farmers Market @ 10am. Mary Jo is meeting me there and then we're headed over to Santa Monica for a celebratory b-day lunch with the Eastside Knitters for Madgick. We will do a mini yarn crawl in the SM area after lunch. Madge seems to be stuck on all the colors available in Cascade 220. Yarns Unlimited has this huge selection. Some of the Eastsiders, along with Mary Jo may join me at the Fairview Knitters SnB from 3:30 to 5:30. It's going to truly be a yarny day!

Later that night, Larry and I are attending the opening, at the new location, for the Museum of Neon Art, downtown. There are some new signs, music, treats, etc. I'm looking forward to it. It's a downtown weekend, because Sunday, the Los Angeles Conservancy is holding their The Bridges of the L.A. River. Phew! Busy! Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 12:42 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTY!!!! If I wasn't so afraid of colors, I would totally steal that scarf (or at least the idea of it.)

 
At 3:01 PM PDT, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

I know this is twisted but the colors remind me of fruity pebbles. It is beautiful!

 
At 1:06 PM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Wow! you've definitely got a busy weekend ahead of you, Ellen. Oh, how I wish I could go on a mini yarn crawl in Santa Monica! The Bridges of the L.A River event sounds extremely interesting. Thank goodness for organisations like the Los Angeles Conservancy. Napier in New Zealand (a few miles from where I'm originally from) has a constant battle to preserve its Art Deco heritage so I'm a big supporter of this kind of event.

 
At 8:42 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Def spring indeed.

 
At 3:13 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Yesterday was so much fun! Thanks for organizing and herding us all around Santa Monica...and for feeding us cupcakes. And for indulging my Cascade 220 fixation.

Your pretty scarf shall henceforth be called the Peeps Scarf.

Hope you had fun amidst the neon and over the bridges!

 
At 8:09 PM PDT, Blogger Darci said...

Love the comment from Darcyartsy...I was just going to post that observation by my daughter - She said "Hey, its Fruity Pebbles"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery