Thursday, May 01, 2008

Jack

Self-Portrait by Jack Spiegelman, oil on canvas, 24 x 24
One of my friends at the Original Farmers Market is Jack. I met Jack thru Amy. We all hang out at the F.M. You can read all about Jack on his blog. Jack is a writer, painter, teacher and music lover. I must say, he does tell interesting and humorous stories.

The movie archive section of Jack's blog is updated monthly with his friends' favorite all-time movies. I'm the Friend of the Month for May. I tried to be eclectic in my movie tastes. Funny thing, none of the movies date past the 80's. Hmmm? What does that say about today's movies? What does that say about my taste? Yeah, I'm old.

Jack is such a character. Sometimes, when I'm at the Farmers Market on Knit Night (WeHo SnB), I'll see Jack off in a corner, reading or writing. I always yell out, "Hey Jack, come on over and join us!" Jack is afraid of ladies with knitting needles. He smiles, waves and runs the other way!

Yes, the Farmers Market is full of interesting people. Amy calls it the "vortex of Los Angeles." Eventually, everyone gets sucked into the place.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:40 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Jack seems like a character! I love WestSide Story! "Cause when you're a jet..."

 
At 4:06 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

L.A. is known for it's characters. Your friend Jack seems to fit in beautifully.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 10:22 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

So, I e-mailed Jack and told him about this post. I said, "Just think of all the knitting ladies who will read about you now."

Jack replied, "Very cool. Now we need for them to send money."

Hahahahaha! That Jack just cracks me up!

 
At 11:53 AM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

I had no idea you liked musicals! And Sunset Boulevard...great movie.

Yay for Jack picking you as his Friend of the Month!

 
At 6:55 AM PST, Anonymous mae's php scripts said...

You write so well, he seems like such a character.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery