Wednesday, June 25, 2008

February Lady Sweater

Gull Lace Pattern on February Lady Sweater
Yes, I'm obsessed. Over 600 people are knitting this pattern on Ravelry. It's a hit. How did I know that once people got ahold of a good top-down sweater pattern, they'd go bonkers? Because top-down sweaters are easy to knit and always fit.
I'm at the lace portion of my black/brown tweed cardigan. I usually CROCHET lace, not KNIT, so this is new-ish for me. It's an easy gull-lace pattern, only 4 pattern rows that repeat. Really, I only have to remember 2 rows, because the wrong side is always a purl row. I can remember the most complicated crochet patterns, but an easy 2 row knit pattern has me constantly looking at my crib sheet that I pinned to the cardi. Eventually, I'm sure I'll have the pattern memorized (I hope).
Over the weekend, I saw Lauren's FLS that she's working on for her future MIL. She's using one of my favorite colorways...very pinky and taupe and very varigated. I knit a "Melville" scarf in this colorway (below). There's something about straight garter stitch in varigated yarn that just sends me. I love the look!
This is the yarn that Lauren is using for her FLS
I'm so crazy. I happened to have a ton of this "Lipstick" color yarn in my stash, so I started yet ANOTHER FLS using this yarn. It's a contest to see who finishes first: Brown/Black Tweed vs. Lipstick! The race is on.

"Lipstick" February Lady Sweater

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 11:29 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen,

Both sweaters are going to be gorgeous. You'll probably get more wear out of the brown/black sweater just because it's so versatile. The Lipstick color version is a knock-out! Good luck!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 2:16 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Hilarious! I can't believe you started another one! I love that colorway -- so pretty.

You're a genius for the crib sheet. I will do this from now on with lace projects.

 
At 2:28 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

LOVE the ladysweater. Really, really think its adorable, and with you knitting it, it'll be done (and perfect) by July.

However, I could NEVER knit it, simply b/c of the name. When I first moved to SD I picked an MD from a list to get an "annual". He was a crochety old man, who referred to it as a "lady exam", and pulled his tools(?) from an old wooden box. TMI? Probably. But I felt you HAD to know.

 
At 9:31 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lookin' good so far.

 
At 10:43 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Your sweaters are made of awesome.

 
At 10:43 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:49 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

I have the FLS in my queue too, so I can't wait to see how both of yours turn out. I absolutely LOVE the Lipstick Colo(u)r! yarn. It's gorgeous.

 
At 6:56 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HaHa! I just did my first frogging of this sweater last night. This is my first sweater attempt and I had screwed up the button hole. As I got near doing the 2nd one the reality sunk in that I couldn't live with the error in the first so froggin we did go. I'm SO glad to see you're working on TWO of these sweaters as I see that as a huge recommendation.
You'll certainly finish both of yours before I get near completion!

 
At 12:46 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

MX no worries. I have frogged this sweater a couple of times already too. It's just a part of knitting.

Ellen,
you are cracking me up with two sweaters! And now the two are racing! Two too much. I love it.

 
At 8:27 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those FLS all look fabulous!! Can't wait to see both of yours done....I think starting 2 of them is a great idea....might as well have 2 going while the pattern is fresh in your head then you'll have 2 wonderful FOs when your done!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery