Monday, July 28, 2008

Socks, Socks, Socks!!!

I am not a sock knitter. I have made three socks. Yup, I have second sock syndrome. SOOOOOOO, my good friend, Mary Jo asked me what I wanted for my b-day this year. Socks, of course. She knits 'em all the time and they always look great.
For my b-day she gave me these great chunky house socks in my favorite rusty color. I really like them, but I haven't been able to wear them yet because the weather is so hot.
On Sunday, MJ gifted me with the original pair of socks that she was knitting for me. You can read about her sock journey here. Sheesh! I feel so guilty. Poor MJ started a ton o' tootsie projects just for me!
Mary Jo's Austermann Stepp Sox
photo by Natalie
The Austermann Step socks are gorgeous. Natalie took this photo of me wearing the socks with some clear clogs that I bought so that everyone could see Mary Jo's creations! Thank you, MJ. You're a peach!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:24 PM PDT, Blogger KnittingBlueContent said...

Hand-knit socks, to me, are the absolutely best gift to give OR to receive. Like a hug for your feet, lol.

Nothing beats walking around my own house, even by myself, and glancing down to notice them anew.

 
At 2:34 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

looking fabulous

 
At 8:15 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Great socks! And I have Austermann Step Sox also, they are so comfy!

On those lonely unfinished socks - maybe you could swap some of your marvelous crochet skills with one of your knitting friends who could finish the socks?

 
At 8:09 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous socks and I thrilled to see you found the clear clogs. YEA!

 
At 2:41 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The clear clogs are such a clever way to show off your socks! And of course the socks are gorgeous.

 
At 3:17 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

Thanks for all the praise! Like I said before, it was a labor of love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery