Monday, August 25, 2008

House Slippers

I crocheted these cute house slippers for my friend, Ana. It was her b-day last week and I wanted to make something for her. Ana is the queen of socks and slippers. She's made numerous pairs of socks (in fact she taught a sock class this past weekend at A Mano Yarn Center in Mar Vista). Ana also has made some fabulous felted slippers and boots. I figured she could use another version of house slippers!
Stats: WoolEase washable yarn, worsted weight (1/2 skein); crochet hook size "G". I used a double-crochet waffle stitch for the slipper rectangle. The flower was crocheted separately with a few bits of leftover yarns and sewn to the top of the slipper after joining at the toe and heel and crocheting a picot border.
I have a few pairs of these slippers that I wear around the house; they're very cozy and comfy. This might just make a perfect holiday gift for everyone this year!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 1:20 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Well since 2007 was the Year of the Wristy, I think calling 2008 the Year of the Slipper is a great idea!

 
At 1:27 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute. And I love the note on the tag..."can be also be used as dog toys". LOL

Christine G.

 
At 1:56 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen...you are incredible...do you just sit and crochet something from off the top of your head or do you have a plan and a pattern? You always seem to amaze me...with the beautiful things you knit and crochet in no time.
Linda (from Maryland)

 
At 2:05 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the compliments, Goils!

No, Linda from Maryland. I don't just crochet things off the top of my head! I wish! This is an old pattern that I've made many times before. I've been knitting and crocheting for over 40 years, so I have a few patterns in my memory bank!

Since I've only had the blog for a couple of years, all my old patterns seem like new!

There's a link to this easy pattern in the body of the post ("slippers").

 
At 3:11 PM PDT, Blogger Pam said...

LOVE them!

 
At 8:59 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

very, very cute slippers

 
At 12:49 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

I love them too!

 
At 6:47 AM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

Those are wonderful, and I think they would be great gifts for this year! My grandma used to make me slippers every year, oh so many years ago, and I still remember them fondly.

 
At 7:48 AM PDT, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Thank You Ellen! I love them! Also the buttons are beautiful!

Thank you so much for making the extra trip to come and see me at Amano. The sock class went really well, I don't know who had more fun my students or I.

See you soon,

ana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery