Thursday, August 28, 2008

Perfectly Pink Inspiration

"The Gentle Art Of Domesticity" by Jane Brocket
I've been a fan of Jane Brocket's blog, Yarnstorm, for a long time. I found her blog while cruising other knit/crochet blogs online. I was immediately taken with her photography and juxtaposition of colors. Every photo on her blog is frameable. She writes about her life in the English countryside with her family. Sometimes I think I must be reading about some glorified version of the truth, but after checking a few other blogs of her friends', I know that Jane really does complete all of these "Suzie Homemaker" tasks during her day and then she photographs the best aspects of these domestic chores. I'm so jealous!
Jane and her family relaxing in their English Garden

It was this particular post that inspired me to think about crocheting a pineapple purse and to bake mini pineapple-upside-down cakes. I am constantly inspired by her recipes and forays into knitting, crocheting and embroidery.
The U.S. version of Jane's book is out now, "The Gentle Art Of Domesticity." There are actual recipes in the book, as well as Jane's essays on how the colors of life around her relate to her creative life at home. There are not any knitting or crochet patterns, just jumping-off points for you to explore your own creativity. Save the airfare to the U.K. and buy Jane's calming, yet motivating book.
Oh yeah, she gardens too!!!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:50 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:02 PM PDT, Blogger Sally said...

love the pineapple purses, and the cakes look yummy too, but just don't put them inside the purses.

 
At 6:14 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

I have been eyeing that book. She is having a give away of the book on her blog.

 
At 4:39 AM PST, Anonymous ceiling lighting by nora said...

i love the pretty pink wellies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery