Friday, February 13, 2009

For the Cure

2009 Crochet for the Cure Scarf - Araucania Ranco, Size "I" Hook

Knit and/or Crochet for the Cure is collecting pink items now for their push for women's cancer research. You can read all the details here.
I usually crochet for the cure. Last year I crocheted a FAN-tastic scarf using Patons Soy Wool Stripes. Many stores in the Los Angeles area are collecting items for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
2008 - Crochet for the Cure FAN-tastic Scarf

This year I'm crocheting a very lacy scarf using some leftover Araucania Ranco in shades of pink. I'm almost finished. I'll block it this weekend then deliver it for donation. The race for this worthy charity is March 15th and starts near the Pasadena Rose Bowl. There will be a booth set up so that you can purchase all of the pink knitted and crocheted items to further the cause. What are you knitting or crocheting for the cure?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM PST, Blogger betty said...

Thanks for the info! I've got some leftover pink yarn that I could knit up quickly as a hat. I don't wear knit hats much myself, but this way, the yarn gets used for a good cause.

 
At 9:20 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

LOL...I believe I just gave my hot pink yarn to you. I am sure there is some more pink yarn in the stash. Maybe I will knit up a quick cowl in some big wool. For sure I have some pink big wool!

 
At 5:59 PM PST, Blogger Willow said...

Hey Ellen,
I came over from EGunn's blog.

I used to live in LA and know Manchester, Mulholland, East LA, South Bay and all of it! I love the Fashion District downtown! Now I'm in Ventura County.

I'll be back to read more.

Willow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery