Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Think Pink

I finished my two scarves that I crocheted for donation to "Knit for the Cure." I crocheted for the cure. I will be dropping them off at my LYS today.
The first scarf is made from Araucania Ranco in a pink, purple multi-color. I used a size "I" crochet hook for this basic double crochet and fan stitch scarf, crocheted length-wise. It's light, airy and easy to wear. I like it so much that I'll probably crochet one for me.
The second scarf is the FAN-tastic scarf, adapted from Crochet-Roo's bookmark pattern. Thanks to Natalie for donating the yarn at a recent WeHo SnB yarn swap. It's Plymouth Encore yarn in a beautiful hot pink color, size "K" crochet hook.
The deadline to turn in your pink items is Saturday, March 7th. You don't have to make a scarf and it doesn't have to be entirely pink. You can knit or crochet a hat, hand-warmers, cowl, mittens, anything at all! The Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Research is a wonderful organization that I hope you'll all support.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:27 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both scarves are beautiful, Ellen. I'm sure that the foundation will sell them both for lots of money!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:28 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

That hot pink looks great all swirled up! I'm going start up some pink tonight.

 
At 5:56 PM PST, Blogger Sarah said...

Great scarves! I love anything all dressed up in pink!

 
At 3:27 AM PST, Blogger justclaire said...

Gorgeous! I love them both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery