Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Knit & Crochet for Passover & Easter

Knitted Bowl of Matzoh Ball Soup by Leslie TikkunTree

Knit and crochet patterns commemorating holidays are the most fun! They make me smile. I am most impressed with the Passover patterns by Leslie TikkunTree. She calls her pattern page, "Patterns for Peacebuilders." Not only are Passover patterns available, but there are patterns for Rosh Hashonah, Sukkot, Chanukah and more. Leslie is a very inventive knitter. You can find her on Ravelry too.
My favorite pieces from Leslie's Passover Seder series are her knitted Matzoh Ball Soup ( I would have added a bit of green parsley to the mix) and the Ten Plagues. Leslie really researches her knits extensively. Brilliant!

The Knitted Ten Plagues by Leslie TikkunTree

As far as patterns in celebration of Easter, there are so many to choose from. Here are some of my favorites:

I whipped up a quick crocheted Easter basket yesterday for Larry. I'm not done with it yet, but I plan to fill it up with some goodies for him. I don't think he's had a basket since he was a child. It's time for another one!
Crocheted Easter Basket, In Progress

Have you crafted anything for the upcoming holidays?

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:12 PM PDT, Blogger Beth said...

I love the Easter Basket!! Thanks to you (and most likely Crazy Aunt Pearl and Crochet Dude) I have picked my crochet hook back up and started an blanket for my couch!!

Beth C in Austin, living in LA vicariously!

 
At 12:57 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great holiday ideas, Ellen.
I really like your multi-color Easter basket...so cute!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 1:08 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

Love the basket! I'm almost finished with my first "Bunny Boo" and am going to make a second and give them to my two nephews in their Easter basket.

Have a Happy Passover.

 
At 3:18 PM PDT, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Ummmm - are the matzoh balls and carrots sitting on a bed of condoms? No disrespect, I was just wondering.

Beth O.

 
At 4:33 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa R-R said...

I made some knitted egg cozies decorated (rather minimally) to resemble chicks, which could be for hard boiled or chocolate eggs.
I was reminded I am really not good at embroidery, even just chick eyes!
Ah the things one does for relatives.
Lisa in Toronto

 
At 5:06 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

HAH! I thought the same thing as Beth O. :) Glad it's not just me...

Love the Larry Basket. Hope he appreciates it!

 
At 9:58 PM PDT, Blogger Lori said...

So festive! I made a white bunny with pink angora ears--it's in my Ravelry projects--for my friend's two year old daughter. It arrived in South Carolina today so I can't wait to see how she likes it (and more importantly, what she names it! :))

 
At 1:59 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Cute basket! I thought the same as Beth O and Monkey Gurrrrl too! Maybe we all just have dirty minds ;)

Have a happy Holiday weekend!

Claire

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery