Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer is Here

Oh yeah...summer is definitely here. We spent a very summery weekend in beautiful L.A. The weather hovered between 75 and 90 degrees during the day...perfect. On Saturday, my cousin Amie came over to take a look at our new room addition. Today is Amie's birthday! Happy B-Day, Cous! I took Amie out to lunch at one of my fave local spots, The Normandie Bakery. She'd never been there before and she loved it! We both had yummy omelettes.
Cousin Amie
I highly recommend The Normandie. All of the baked goods are very low in price and exceptionally fantastic. While we were sitting outside enjoying our lunch, we saw many restaurant owners stocking up on French bread, pastries, etc. Next time, I'm going to try the French onion soup!

The Normandie Bakery, Jefferson & Cochran, Mid-City L.A.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:21 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

I have got to get over there and check it out. Everything looks delicious.

 
At 2:18 PM PDT, Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

The pastries look fantastic. I've never heard of this place ~ thanks for pointing it out!

 
At 8:58 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

Well afte your last recommendation (which was yummy) I will have to check this place out during one of my LA outings. Your blog is so savvy, it doesn't seem to matter what your topic is - you just do it well.

 
At 11:09 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

A very long time ago I worked at a place in Manhattan Beach that bought their french bread from Normandie Bakery. It really was the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery