Thursday, June 11, 2009

This Weekend

Knitting in Public, Albania, 1923

Ooooo....so many good things to do this weekend!
Of course, it is World Wide Knit In Public Day. I'll be at two events. From 10am to noon, join me at the Original Farmers Market, 3rd and Fairfax, LA, upstairs dining area. We plan on eating breakfast, knitting, crocheting and talking endlessly about yarn!! This is an event hosted by the West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch.
Then, from 3:30 to 5:30 pm I'll be sitting in beautiful Clover Park in Santa Monica (Ocean Park @26th St.), near the playground with my friends from the Fairview Knitters. Bring a blankie, beach chair, projects and a treat to share. We always have fun at Clover Park!
On Saturday evening, our friend, Gary Leonard is premiering a new photo show at his downtown LA gallery, Take My Picture Gary Leonard. Hmmm? Maybe we'll dine at one of the exciting new restaurants Downtown. Got any suggestions?

Sunday, head on over to Scoops on Heliotrope, north of Melrose, East Hollywood for "No Cookie Left Behind" bake sale. It for a good cause and some of the bakers involved are legendary!

Wayne Thiebaud's "Cakes", 1963

See you this weekend!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:35 AM PDT, Blogger Beth said...

Sounds like a fun weekend to live in SoCal! I'm off to search crochet clubs to see if there are any yarny type of events in Austin!

 
At 1:03 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I love Gary Leonard. I need to check my schedule and see if I can get down to that exhibit.

Hugs,
Christine G.

 
At 1:52 PM PDT, Anonymous tannaz said...

i love that cake painting! i hope our bake sale looks half as pretty as that. thanks for posting about it!

 
At 7:39 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

I love the "Knitting in Public" photo!

Have a great weekend. Aren't you loving this June gloom? I know I am! I know what's coming not far from now and I'm not looking forward to it.

 
At 5:29 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Bake Sale? At Scoops?
Ingenious

 
At 2:07 PM PDT, Blogger Brenda said...

I love all your great info about what's happening in LA! I will try to make it to the bake sale. I've never been to Scoops and it sounds wonderful...

Good seeing you and everyone at WWKIPD.

If you have a moment, check out my blog.
http://knitandtravelandsuch.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Brenda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery