Monday, July 13, 2009

Boosting the Economy

Lenise, Rhoda, Jewelry
On Saturday, my friend Rhoda and I did our part to boost the economy....or at least Lenise's economy! Our friend, Lenise has a little side business where she helps people prioritize their belongings. She also helps with estate sales, etc. She offered to give us first shot at purchasing a bit of the estate jewelry that she has acquired. WOW! What a haul!!!

Vintage Earrings

We met at Lenise's place on Saturday at noon. Rhoda and I (along with Lenise's friend, Ian) tried on all kinds of vintage costume jewelry. It was like playing dress-up when we were little girls. There were some very unusual pieces.

We were so overwhelmed after about an hour-plus of shopping, that we had to walk around the corner and break for lunch at Jan's Coffee Shop in West Hollywood. Jan's is a classic coffee shop with many dining choices. I particularly like places when they have photographs of the food on the menu. The owners of Jan's also own The Astro in Silverlake, a lovely example of Googie architecture by the famous architects, Armet & Davis.

Ian in her disturbin' turban (right) @ Jan's

Classic Diet Plate

California Turkey Melt

Anyway, after we had a delicious lunch, we walked back to Lenise's house with clear heads, full stomachs and were ready to decide about our jewelry purchases.

Ian rocked all of the dangling gold animal pendants


I must say, I happened upon some very unusual pieces and am extremely pleased. This was an early b-day gift to myself! Thanks Lenise!

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 2:51 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Oooo...I like the red beaded necklace with the dangling pendant!

 
At 3:05 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

What fabulous gifties for yourself.

Can't wait to check them out up close and personal. What a fun day.

 
At 5:35 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa R-R said...

I'd like to see a closeup of the green one in the box at the right.
Wow!
I think your office may not be ready for the fabulousness which is about to be unleashed upon it ...
Lisa in Toronto

 
At 5:41 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Lisa R-R!
You have great eyes! The greenish pieces in the box on the right of group photo is the strangest piece of all. I had to buy it. It's tortoise shell and something else. Each "bead" looks like an eyeball. There's a bracelet, earrings and a necklace! There was a pendant drop, but I gave it to Ian to go with her gold cat necklace! I'll have to wear it soon. My husband says when I wear this piece there may be some "mind control" happenin'!

 
At 7:15 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

Ooo, what great goodies! I love the green in the middle and the turquoise. So fun!

 
At 8:07 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

Great pieces, I'll have to wear my pieces to the Farmer's Market. As I have said before you have such a flair for style! (your friend looks like a load of fun)

 
At 9:55 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Way to prop up the world economy! This is really some of the best costume jewelry I've seen in a while. Love your finds!

 
At 8:56 AM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

What *great* pieces! My faves are the silver (griffin? Buddah?) charms and the (ivory?) head. :) And the eyes are mildly disturbing, which make them all the more attractive! (May be helpful to ward off the evil eye, like the Turkish beads?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery