Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Taos Wool Festival

I'm getting verrrrrry excited! On Tuesday (only 6 days away), Larry and I leave on a roadtrip to New Mexico. We're doin' about half of the ol' Route 66 trip. Our destination is the Taos Wool Festival. On the way we'll be stopping in various Arizona towns, Rio Rancho and Santa Fe, NM. While in New Mexico, I hope to visit Victory Ranch in Mora. I read all about Victory Ranch in "Shear Spirit," the wonderful book by Joan Tapper with exquisite photos by Gale Zucker.

I've joined the Ravelry Group of people that are attending the Festival. There are so many wonderful tips about the Festival, restaurants in the area and where to stay. I just love our Ravelry community. Whenever I have a question about another place in the world, I can always just look up a group on Ravelry, ask my question and know that friendly knitters and crocheters will go out of the way to help me.
I Need More
Larry and I haven't been on a REAL vacation (where we actually go somewhere for more than a week) in over five years. It's about time!

Arizona Desert, photo from Flickr Commons

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 3:35 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you two! I hope you have time to post along the way, because you know we all want to keep tabs on the Bloom/Underhill adventures.

xo,
Christine G.

 
At 4:18 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Yay for you! I love Taos (especially when covered in snow). I hope you and Mr. Larry have a WUNNERFUL time!

 
At 8:04 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Can't wait to see the adventures you have, and the goodies you pick up along the way!

 
At 9:01 PM PDT, Anonymous leilani said...

Despite the fact that I am pea green with envy I wish you a wonderful, safe trip!

 
At 5:35 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Have a fabulous trip Ellen. Hubby and I drove through Taos a couple of years ago when we were on one of our US road trips. It's beautiful there. If you get a chance, you should try and stop in at Tierra Wools in Los Ojos, NM. It's a fascinating place and I had a lovely long chat with a very friendly lady who was one of the dyers. She gave me a full tour of the dyeing workshop which was amazing!

If you're stopping in Santa Fe, I can thoroughly recommend Oodles Yarn and Beads which is a lovely store.

Can you tell I'm jealous?!! Have a wonderful time!

Claire

 
At 6:35 AM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

I know you will have an incredible trip and look forward to your accounts. I love the photo of Route 66.

 
At 5:01 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Woohoo.

You are going to have an awesome trip!

 
At 12:50 PM PDT, Blogger Kelli B said...

I love, love, love Taos and all of New Mexico. Will and I went for the International Balloon Fiesta in ABQ in 2006 (he crewed with a ballooning company) and had a wonderful time. While in Taos check out Doc Marten's restaurant, it is in a hotel. We had the best chile rellanos and green chile stew there. Hope you all have a wonderful trip.

 
At 12:56 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Kelli. I've already got Doc Marten's on my list!
My friend, Shayne lives in Rio Rancho...she can see the Hot Air Balloons from her backyard. Hopefully, we'll catch some while we're there!

 
At 7:37 AM PDT, Blogger Annette said...

Oh, I'm jealous! You're going to have an excellent time! If you're in Santa Fe visit the Coyote Cafe. I had THE BEST pork tacos. It was a party in my mouth. It's been five years and I still remember those tacos as if it were yesterday.

I expect a full report when you get back! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery