Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Scarves Really Are the Best Gifts!

I finished my two donation scarves for the Red Scarf Project / Orphan Foundation of America. Since Gale Z. was the person who brought this worthwhile organization to my attention, I decided to steal some of Gale's beautiful sheep and alpaca photos from her book, "Shear Spirit" to use as gift tags for my scarves.
I found another crocheted scarf pattern on Ravelry called "Branching Leaves." Our friend, Beth printed up the pattern chart with some helpful notes and I started crocheting it. I'm using some mystery wool, sock weight in a lovely soft blue color. I LOVE this pattern! It will look even more impressive in a light color. This will definitely be a holiday gift. Must make more!

Woooo Hooo Hoooo! Tomorrow night is our West Hollywood Stitch 'n Witch Halloween party! I still need to work on my costume, so tonight is crunch time! Please join in the fun. We'll be at the Original Farmers Market, 3rd and Fairfax, upstairs dining area. We meet from 7-9pm. Wear a yarny costume or don't. Bring a treat to share or don't. Just be there!!!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 3:58 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) Thank you for adding the "or don't"...

Your scarves (all 3 of them!) are lovely.

 
At 4:25 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

Please take photos! I am so green with envy. I'll be trying to drive home on my little spare tire. My tire place has the one that went flat and now has no power due to the winds. Also looks like I may need too tires soon - oops whining too much! I know you will be the life of the party, can't wait to see photos of your costume.

 
At 6:45 PM PDT, Blogger Fun is always in style. said...

I've been enjoying looking at your blog lately...Love to see your enjoyment of life & projects & more - you have great ideas!

 
At 10:29 PM PDT, Blogger Christy T said...

I've been wanting to make that scarf pattern for awhile now! You're tempting me :)

 
At 11:03 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful pattern. Thanks for posting the info and the links (and thanks to Olenka for creating it).

 
At 11:36 AM PDT, Blogger mj said...

Gorgeous lace.
I've finished my scarves, too. I'll try to ship them off before I go.

 
At 9:24 PM PDT, Blogger petersmith said...

I know you will be the life of the party, can't wait to see photos of your costume.
Pawnbroker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery