Monday, February 15, 2010

My Excellent Valentine


Every year Larry and I make Valentine cards for each other. We don't exchange gifts. We don't usually go out to a fancy dinner. It really is a commercial holiday, so we try to turn it into an art project, professing our love and admiration for each other.
Yesterday, we lounged around the house all morning, reading the Sunday paper, having breakfast until it was time to leave for the Original Farmers Market Mardi Gras (pictures tomorrow). We traded Valentine cards. I love both cards!!! Hope you all had a fantastic Valentine's Day celebration.Larry's heart "tatoo" says, Ellen. The fleur di lis is over the heart and a happy face below the heart. Larry and I met in New Orleans and got married on Fat Tuesday, so the symbols of that fair City are near and dear to our hearts.
I crocheted the background in blue and chained a little red heart with a pink crochet hook piercing the heart. The script at the top of the card is in "yarn" font. The sentiment "Some love lasts a lifetime. True love lasts forever! Acrylic yarn will survive us all!"
Happy Lincoln's and Washington's b-day too, y'all!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 3:11 PM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

I love them both! So creative. I do like the touch about acrylic yarn :)

 
At 4:16 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...LOVE the acrylic yarn comment!

I so wanted to visit with you and Larry at FM again this year for Mardi Gras fun, but I'm so wiped out at the moment. Soon, though...soon!

Hugs,
Christine G.

 
At 4:43 PM PST, Blogger Jean said...

Both of you are quite creative and Larry looks cute with that heart tattoo. I went to Huntington Library and strolled the grounds, it was warm and I was able to take nice flower photos. I know you had a blast at Mardi Gras.

 
At 5:39 PM PST, Blogger susanc said...

Both cards are great! I love the bit about acrylic yarn!

 
At 6:10 PM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

nGreat post. LOVE the tattoo, ad he card- who else could work a crochet hook and an acrylic yarn metaphor (or is it a simile) into her Valentine's art?

 
At 7:24 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Love should be a year round thing...I agree! My sweetie took good care of me as I was sick. Now that is LOVE!

 
At 10:38 AM PST, Blogger Kellie said...

LOVE it! ;-)

 
At 4:37 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Both the Valentines scream I Love you!

so sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery