Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Crazy Comments

A portrait of Confucius, by Tang Dynasty artist We Daozi (680-740)
Yes, I love receiving comments on my blog posts. Lately though I've been receiving unwanted comments on blog posts written years ago! Hmmm? These are not people interested in knitting, crochet, yarn, touring Los Angeles or Sascha Brastoff pottery. These are SPAM advertisements for inexpensive drugs, hair plugs and other enhancement opportunities. I also receive many comments in Chinese characters! The comments that I can read have a lilting quality to them. The words strung together are meaningless, but somehow profound....sounds something like Confucius might have said.
Here's one I received today:

But now I contain come to believe that the all in all world is an puzzle, a innocuous problem that is made terrible on our own fuming strive to spell out it as supposing it had an underlying truth.

Here's another one:
I think I allready have been acknowledged about this topic at work 1 day ago by a colleague, but at that moment it didn't caugh my attention.

...and a few more:
I believe I allready have been acknowledged about this subject
at bar 1 day ago by a mate, but at that moment
it didn't caugh my attention.

A man begins scathing his perceptiveness teeth the first often he bites eccentric more than he can chew.


As your obligation is strengthened you determination declare that there is no longer the need to have a discrimination of oversight, that things will bubble as they last will and testament, and that you purpose flow with them, to your fantabulous gladden and benefit.

I read somewhere that spammers have created "spambots" that go around to the blogs of unsuspecting bloggers, leaving irrelevant and nonsensical comments with links to sites of ill repute. I automatically reject these comments. Do you receive these on your blog?

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 2:59 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It happens much more on Blogger than it did when I was using Wordpress - WP's spam filter is especially good. But, sigh - one of the reasons that I went more or less under the radar in terms of blogging was that I hated dealing with comment spam!

What annoyed me more was getting my content gathered by scraper sites. It's been half a year since I shut down the old blog, and it's still happening. Crazy!

 
At 8:15 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

spam...yuck!
Can't say I like it when it comes in a tin either.

 
At 8:20 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

I get these spam comments once in a while. If you have the feature where the comment writer must type in a word or something, that helps eliminate the automatic comments.

However, in China, they pay people to sit for hours and just type and enter spam comments onto blogs, so some of these comments are not automated.

 
At 8:31 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

I've been getting comments in Chinese characters lately, but I just delete them. Some make sense, but most of them are for "enhancement" products and that kind of crap. Ugh, lovely isn't it? You'd think if people are actually doing this they'd have something better to do.

 
At 9:10 AM PDT, Blogger ChelleC said...

I get them occasionally too and just delete. Isn't there a feature where, after so long, you could shut down comments on old blog posts? Not sure.

But I love your blog, so please don't let it deter you.

 
At 11:37 AM PDT, Blogger Sara said...

I've been getting a lot of comments in Chinese lately, too. I just delete them.

 
At 9:27 PM PDT, Anonymous Twilight said...

Yup, I get them too. I use a spam filter called Askimet which gets most of them. It works pretty well but I'm not sure if it works for Blogger (I use Wordpress).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery