Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tourist Season in L.A.

Tourist season is NOW in Los Angeles. The traffic is worse, the shops and restaurants are more crowded, lots of people are wandering our streets looking puzzled. I'm glad that the visiting tourists are patronizing our ailing shops and restaurants though...they need the business.
I pride myself on being a second generation native of Los Angeles and knowing quite a bit about it's history, sights and sounds. I often give my visiting friends the special "L.A. Ell Underground Tour of L.A." This can include all sorts of private and public places in town. They will remain my secret until you take my tour!
I did, however, find a pretty good general tour listed online. This little jaunt could keep you busy for days! The journey encompasses many of my fave places from Downtown to the Miracle Mile: Disney Hall; Music Center; Hollywood Forever Cemetery; Hollywood Walk of Fame; the vortex of Los Angeles...Original Farmers Market; Tar Pits, LACMA, the Craft & Folk Art Museum and more. This is good for starters, but there are many places of interest between these sights. We haven't even started with tours of the Westside and the Beach!!!
Soooooooo, if you can't afford to take a vacation this year, my fellow Angelenos, just remember that Los Angeles is a tourist destination! Do your research and get out there with the crowds!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:11 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Oh, I'd love to sign up for the super secret Ellen tour.

 
At 9:29 PM PDT, Anonymous Twilight said...

Me too! Although I would want to come out in the fall or winter. Less crowded and LA winters aren't as harsh as northern NM.

 
At 9:28 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Since I've been the lucky participant of an LA Ell special private tour I can vouch it is the BEST way to visit Los Angeles. I look forward to part 2, the sequel, some day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery