Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ripple-licious

My Ripple Dishcloth from a pattern by Claudia

Lately, I've been seeing the crochet ripple design everywhere I look. My friend Lori F. is working on a beautiful ripple baby blanket in very fancy cotton yarn...bright colors, photo below.

Lori's Rainbow Ripple Baby Blankie

Since seeing Lori's blankie in progress, I've been hankerin' to crochet some ripples too! There's just something about this design that is so mezmerizing! Maybe the ripples remind me of the sea...it's summer...the beach beckons.
I've been looking through a few of my vintage crochet books. The ripple was queen of crochet in the 70's!

Ripple Coat and Beret, 1975
I've been seeing all sorts of gorgeous modern takes on the ripple design on Ravelry too:

Colorful Afghan from Min Inspiration

Baby Blanket from Attic24

I'm really taken with this round ripple blanket by Melissa. I certainly have enough soft acrylic in my stash to start a colorful ripple afghan. I may just start out crocheting a ripple tote bag. I'm still thinking about the possbilities!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 2:39 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

I loooooove the ripple dishcloth! I definitely need to try that.

 
At 7:26 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love all the ripples. I'm thinking of diving into one, too, to use up leftovers. It looks so addictive.

 
At 9:06 PM PDT, Anonymous Twilight said...

That ripple coat is super groovy!!!

 
At 12:19 PM PDT, Blogger Megalion said...

Hi Ellen!!

Love the dishcloth, I must do one or five myself!

Also, my very first crochet project was a simple ripple afghan! I still even have it. It's narrower at one end than the other because my tension was super tight at the beginning but by the end, was loose and relaxed.

It's been boxed up in my dad's garage so I don't think I have it on Ravelry but I intend to get it up there soon.

I really like that ripple coat too. Would be funky to make one now!

 
At 12:26 PM PDT, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

I'm dizzy already.

 
At 6:58 PM PDT, Blogger MissingRib2 said...

The ripple remind me of a simpler time. The dishcloth is gorgeous and could see multiples attached to make an afghan.

 
At 6:42 PM PST, Blogger Roufie said...

I love that coat! Can you post the pattern or share the link where I can find it, would love to make one for myself. Thank you.

 
At 10:14 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Sorry, I do not have the pattern for the ripple coat (black and white photo). It's an old one. I'm sure if you searched online you could find it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery