Monday, September 20, 2010

Small Circle of Friends

Our Baby Owl is Leaving the Nest!

Our dear Lori S. is leaving Los Angeles and moving back east. We're happy that Lori got a great job, but we're really going to miss her! Last night we had a potluck-going away dinner for Lori at our house. Everyone brought scrumptious food to share: Mary Jo brought guacamole, salsa and chips; Natalie and Joe brought beet bruschetta AND two Crack Pies; Brit brought all kinds of faboo lemonade; Darcy brought a gorgeous fresh fruit salad; Beth and Larry A. brought a yummy green salad with all kinds of goodies in it; even the guest of honor, Ms. Lori brought a brown rice and lentil casserole! I had a few more appetizers strewn around and made Shrimp Creole with rice. Everything was yummy and a wonderful send-off for our buddy, Lori.Mary Jo crocheted The Princess Frog for Lori. They attended the premiere of the movie together....a very special event!
LORI!!! You must stay in touch with us! We hope you come to visit soon. You never know who will show up on your doorstep in the City of Brotherly Love!! Be prepared!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:56 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

So great to see all of you gathered together in your house, Ellen. I get such a kick out of knowing I was right there in real life.I was going to ask where Larry was but then I thought DUH.....

 
At 7:42 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

We certainly are going to miss Lori!

 
At 10:48 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

I'm so glad you keep up your blog. I love getting to be part of the goings-on. A lovely send off for a lovely person. Lori will be missed. *Sniff.*

 
At 12:03 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

A lovely party for our Lori. She will be missed. Wahhhh! But so happy for her.

 
At 2:10 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

LOVE the tiara. An auspicious beginning to a wonderful new adventure.

 
At 6:09 PM PDT, Blogger Lori said...

Thanks you guys and thanks to Ellen for hosting! I am going to miss you all so much! And feel free to drop in on me in Philly anytime (once I buy a house I plan to make one bedroom cat-free for my allergy-prone friends! :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery