Monday, November 22, 2010

Noro-Tastic!

Last week I finished a short scarf, crocheted with Lion Brand "Amazing", self-striping yarn. I saw Jenny King’s Noro Stole online and LOVED the pattern. I looked closely at the photo and figured out the pattern. It’s one row of dc’s, then one row of alternating 3 trc’s, 3 chains, beginning and ending with the 3 trc's. This pattern looks fantastic in striping yarn with long colorway runs. The "Amazing" yarn yardage for one skein is 147 yards. It made a nice, short scarf.I just finished blocking the same patterned scarf made from Noro Kureyon yarn. It's doubly amazing! Noro's colors always knock me out. The combinations are startling. I used about 2-1/2 skeins of different Noro colorways, about 250 yards. size "I" crochet hook.This is a perfect "gift" scarf....colorful with a simple, yet striking pattern.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 4:28 PM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

Very beautiful indeed!

 
At 9:58 PM PST, Blogger Glennis said...

gosh, that's just incredibly beautiful!!

 
At 9:14 AM PST, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

That turned our really well, looks great!

 
At 10:27 AM PST, Blogger Erica said...

Lovely, lovely work! I like that pattern.

Thanks for sharing a picture of the scarf in LB and Noro. I've been eyeballing the LB, but haven't ever bought any.

Meanwhile, I am making about TEN Noro scarves for Christmas (the Queen Anne's Lace scarf). I too am completely in love with the color changes in that yarn. It may not be the softest but it is definitely the most fascinating to work with.

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 11:51 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

This pattern is awesome; I started this pattern once I figured it out and it looks beautiful...can't wait to work a few of these for Christmas Gifts!

 
At 7:03 PM PDT, Blogger harmony said...

This is a beautiful scarf. Can you tell me how many chains you started with?

 
At 9:58 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

23 chains for 21 single crochet stitches for the first row.

 
At 3:01 PM PDT, Blogger harmony said...

Thank you! I found the yarn.....it's beautiful!

 
At 5:19 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, what is the weight of the yarn you used? For instance is it medium (4) or something else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery