Thursday, January 20, 2011

So Long Auntie Frances

Frances Berman Bloom 1920-2011

Sad, but not tragic. My Aunt Frances passed away yesterday. She was almost 91 years old. Frances had a long and happy life, married to my Uncle, Mort Bloom. I spent lots of time at their house when I was a youngster. My cousins, Amie, Barbie and Carol are all close to my age. It was a never-ending slumber party at their house, with Aunt Frances joining in our fun.

Frances in the early '70's

Frances and Ellen, 2008

Frances (green dress), Ellen (waving), 1956
Ellen, Carol, Barbara, Amie Bloom, 2010

Frances was a talented actress, as well as an enamel artist and fiber arts talent. She was an excellent cook and always ready to offer her home and hospitality to all. She was quick-witted and had a marvelous sense of humor. We talked about knitting ALL the time. I will truly miss my Auntie Frances.
Auntie Frances and Uncle Mort, 2007

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 12:35 PM PST, Blogger Sara said...

I'm sorry for your loss, but it sounds like she had a great life.

 
At 12:42 PM PST, Blogger susanc said...

Sorry for your loss Ellen. She sounds like such a fantastic lady! Even when our loved ones are older and have led a long life, it doesn't make it any easier when we lose them. Take care.

 
At 1:16 PM PST, Blogger Lori said...

Oh, Ellen, I'm sorry to hear your sad news. What a beautiful post you put together with such great photos and memories of your Aunt Frances. Lot's of love to your family during this time.

 
At 9:37 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

What a wonderful auntie, I am sorry for your loss. And wow, do you have good genes in your family, she looks great in that 2008 photo.

 
At 10:42 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful woman and a beautiful life. My condolences.

Christine G.

 
At 8:14 AM PST, Blogger betty said...

My condolences to you and your family. It sounds like Frances was a wonderful woman, and you will always have great memories of her.

I also think that she looked fabulous in 2008.

 
At 4:08 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frances was one of a kind...
Sweet, classy and full of unconditional support. Her smile was one of a kind and she will be missed by us all...What a way she would call my wife, Natalie..."Natasha, darling..."
Cousin Dan, Natalie, Jake, Madeline and Miles....

 
At 8:30 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met Francis for the first time during one of many visits to California when I married Richie Davis in1988. Francis immediately made me feel as part of her family. I always admired her sense of fashion but most of all enjoyed our conversations during various family gatherings. We (Ada, Richie,Jackie,& Emilio) have wonderful memories of Francis's visits to Chicago and our visits with her in California. Our condolences to you and your family.

 
At 11:25 AM PST, Anonymous Patricia said...

She looks like she was a lot of fun to be with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery