Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Potholder Redux

Of course you know that I've finished my potholders for the 2011 Potholder Swap on Ravelry. The rules for the swap are:
Each participant is required to crochet five potholders in the same pattern. Please do vary the colors as you see fit. We don't want you bored to tears! Please be sure your hot pads and potholders measure between 6 and 8 inches across and are double thick. THEY MUST BE WITHIN THESE SIZE PARAMETERS OR THEY WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU. To Make a double thick potholder, crochet the same pattern twice, or do a fancy side and a plain side, then join at the edge. Please make your potholders at a reasonably tight gauge. We don't want burned fingers! We'll be using 100% cotton yarns exclusively. No blands, please. Send your 5 potholders with a SASE ($3.75 postage) to Hello Yarn in Massachusetts.
I've been receiving some clever comments on the Potholder Swap discussion board. Since I've photographed my little creations with statues at Antone Martin's Desert Christ Park in Yucca Valley, many of the comments have been of a biblical nature.

One of my friends said that I would burn in Hell after posting the photos. Well, Honey, I'm gonna really NEED those potholder in Hell if it's as hot as described!

Chalk-Legs, another potholder swapper, retitled my photo, "Christ the Re-Heater."

My favorite comment comes from Amy aka Lizardman on Ravelry. Amy wrote the following:


The Parable of the Potholders
In 2011 Swappers bringeth not forth ugly potholders; neither doth a loose gauge bring forth study potholders. For every crocheter is known by her potholders. For of acrylic they do not make potholders, nor of wool crochet their potholders, but of cotton. A good swapper, out of the goodness of her hook bringeth forth that which is beautiful, and she who does not follow the directions crocheteth that which will be not swapped. For of the abundance of their hearts they crocheteth five potholders and send them to Massachusetts.


Thanks to ALL who commented and my fellow-potholder swappers. I feel blessed.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:36 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Ellen, I love that you brought those potholders to Jesus in the desert.

 
At 3:17 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

Love your creativity within your creativity!

 
At 11:03 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeezy shoes
air jordan shoes
kd 15
off white
supreme clothing
jordan shoes
giannis antetokounmpo shoes
supreme shirt
hermes birkin
goyard outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery