Monday, July 18, 2011

Let the Celebrations Begin!


On Sunday, Mom and Hal took us out for my pre-birthday breakfast. We went to Kate Mantilini's on Wilshire & Doheny. I do love Kate's for breakfast. They specialize in Grand Marnier French toast and thin pancakes. Breakfast was divine. I also like the architecture and ambiance of Kate's. It's got that industrial 90's look, but somehow it manages to be warm and not too hard-edge. I also like that Kate's is in my hometown and owned and operated by former schoolmates!
The originators of Mantilini's and the Hamburger Hamlet were Marilyn and Harry Lewis. The comfortable feel and delicious, simple food of my beloved childhood fave restaurant, The Hamlet, is evident at Kate Mantilini.

French Toast w/Grand Marnier flavoring

Super Thin Pancakes w/Pepper BaconBrioche French Toast

Thanks for breakfast, Folks and also thanks for the generous b-day check!!!!
Mom and Hal enjoying coffee at Kate Mantilini's

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:14 PM PDT, Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That breakfast sounds and looks wonderful! I've just discovered Sweet Lady Jane's Strawberry Rhubarb pie (on Montana Ave., Santa Monica). Happy B-day ~ it's my B-day week too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery