Friday, January 27, 2012

The Corner Market

Vintage Photo FridayS/E corner of Sunset & Fairfax, Los Angeles, 1933

Once a market, always a market.
The corner of Sunset and Fairfax in Los Angeles has been a small market since the 1930's. The photo above, the SunFax Market, was taken in 1933. In later years, probably in the late 1950's or early 1960's when the A-Frame architectural style was popular, this building was re-designed and called Chalet Gourmet. In 1999, the Irvine Ranch Market Company and Chalet Gourmet merged. This location then became a branch of Bristol Farms Market.
Unless some MAJOR redevelopment happens on this corner, this will, most likely, always be a small neighborhood market, catering to the locals.

S/E corner of Sunset & Fairfax, Los Angeles, 2012

I plan on visiting my local grocery store this weekend. Which local market do you like best?

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:42 PM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

As always a fountain of local knowledge!!

I will go to my local Farmers Market on Sunday, probably Costco, TJ's and perhaps a traditional grocery store - all of that for one person.

I am getting a brand new beautiful refrigerator tomorrow so I am very excited!!

Enjoy your weekend.

 
At 3:35 PM PST, Blogger Pandorra7 said...

I REALLY want a time-machine!!!!

 
At 7:10 PM PST, Anonymous Mr. Puffy said...

When I have time I love the Santa Monica's Farmer's Market on Wednesdays. Otherwise it's into Woodland Hills and a combined shop at Whole Foods/TJs or Sprouts which is rather like a local market.

 
At 3:02 PM PST, Anonymous laser hair removal los angeles said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery