Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine's Day


It will be here soon! In just over two weeks it will be Valentine's Day! Larry and I usually create personalized Valentine cards for each other. In the years before wide computer use, I would paint or collage something for him. Sometimes I'd crochet or knit a little Valentine. Lately, I've been collaging on PhotoShop. We don't buy each other gifts. If we go out to dinner, it's usually just someplace local...nothing fancy.
HOWEVER, our West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch Group goes CRAZY for Valentine's Day! We have a Valentine scarf and/or cowl swap. Last Friday, our WeHo SnB Cruise Director, Miss Natalie, assigned us our secret swap partners with their color and yarn content preferences. Ooooooo.....I'm so excited. I searched for the perfect yarn for my Swap Partner's cowl. I'm working on the piece now! You can see pictures of past swaps here and here.
One year I couldn't stop making the "Hearts Desire Doily." This year I may crochet or knit some new heart patterns. Here are some possibilities:

Valentine Mug Cozy by Kristen TenDyke

Jackie's Heart Granny Square

Dear Valentine Square
Happy Valentine Hat by Amy O'Neill Houck

Birdhouse of Love Dishcloth by Kelly Daniels
oooo...this one satisfies my need to PUT A BIRD ON IT!

Are you planning on creating anything special for Valentine's Day?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:17 PM PST, Anonymous Suzette said...

Oh my goodness, these projects are all so cute! Love the cup cozy and the dishcloth. The stitches on that cloth really pop. As you know, I haven't even started yet. Was out of town all weekend. Eek!!!

 
At 5:56 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the hat.


It looks complicated, but the more I think about it, maybe it's just a series of increases and decreases.


Happy Early Valentines Day!

 
At 7:44 PM PST, Blogger Sarah said...

Valentine's Day is my favorite!! I love that cup cozy. I have my pattern picked out, but I need to get the yarn. I was out of town all weekend, so it's time to get started!

 
At 11:18 AM PST, Anonymous amanda said...

Perfect ideas! I ♥ valentines!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery