Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bistro of Santa Monica

Before our art opening on Saturday, Joan and I had a lovely dinner at the Bistro of Santa Monica.  We'd both been driving by this restaurant for years and years but had never been there!  True, it is difficult to park.  


There are about 6 spots behind the restaurant.  Most of the streets nearby have restricted parking.  This is the beginning of Santa Monica's hospital zone with few free parking options.  We were there on the early side, so we were lucky enough to grab a spot behind the Bistro.
As we age, we appreciate quiet surroundings.  A restaurant that has carpet, drapes and plush upholstery to absorb the sound is my new fave.  Many of the newer places around town go for that high-tech look.....tile floors, metal furniture, high ceilings and lots of clattering racquet.  I suppose this makes a restaurant and/or bar seem more hip and lively.  Since I ruined my hearing by standing next to loud speakers and amplifiers during my rock 'n roll days, I really value a place where I can hear my table-mate's conversation! OK, I'm old.

Insalata di Spinaci with Feta, roasted walnuts, hot mushroom & balsamic dressing

The menu at Bistro of SM has many menu options.  You can have a wide range of appetizers, sandwich, salad, pasta or a full entree.  Joan and I split the Spinach Salad.  She ordered the Pumpkin Ravioli and I had Eggplant Parmesean.  
Pumpkin Ravioli
Melanzane alla Parmigeana
There's a full bar and a lovely wine list too.
Later in the evening, around 7:30, the piano player arrived.  We were so enjoying our quiet conversation, that this was a bit of an intrusion.  However, it is lovely to have piano music during dinner if you really don't have much to talk about.  OK, I'm old.
The Bistro of Santa Monica is really close to my office.  I must go back for lunch sometime soon.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

You are nOT.

ps even though I didn't think I was hungry,...now I am. yum. Hot mushroom and balsamic dressing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery