Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tea Wrap

Tea Wrap, Mericash Hand-Painted by Punta Yarns

I like crocheting the same patterns over and over, but changing up the yarn, trim, texture, etc. I've made Lion Brand's pattern Tea Wrap / Sea Shell Wrap three times. The first time was with Poems Sock Yarn for my friend, Lori.

Lori's Tea Wrap Shawl, Poems Sock Yarn

The second time was in cotton crepe with a different border for my cousin, Amie.

Amie's Tea Wrap, Cotton Crepe, "All Shawl" Border

I've made the pattern a third time, using the beautiful yarn I purchased at Wild Fiber on St. Patrick's Day, Mericash Hand-Painted by Punta Yarns. I think I like this version the best. After blocking, it is still soft and squooshy. The colors are fantastic. I used every bit of the two skeins purchased. I do feel that a small border is needed though. I'll look through my stash and see if I have a coordinating solid (blue, aqua or green) to crochet a border.

Stats on my Ravelry Page

Thanks to my office-mate, Krista for modeling this most recent Tea Wrap.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:42 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

They are all beautiful Ellen!

 
At 3:11 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Love the different colors.

 
At 4:44 PM PDT, Blogger Mia said...

Gorgeous - every one!

 
At 4:45 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Awww...thanks for the compliments, Ladies! Really, this is an easy pattern...you should try it!!

 
At 7:09 AM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

wow that is a perfect use for that yarn! Loved it when you bought it, even more now. Do you relaly think that is an easy crochet pattern ? I wonder if I could do it?

 
At 12:13 AM PDT, Blogger jiulin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery