Thursday, June 28, 2012

Obsessions

Bauer @ LACMA

In addition to having a serious yarn hoarding obsession, I also have a pottery problem. I'm partial to the colorful dishes and accessories from the past like Bauer, Fiesta, Russell Wright and Franciscan. Many of these dishes are being reproduced. The new versions of these happy designs are usually dishwasher safe and their intense color glazes do not contain lead.

Russell Wright Pitchers @ Bauer Showroom
Bauer Dishes at Bauer Showroom, Los Angeles

Lately, I've been collecting some reissued Russell Wright dishes. I love all the muted colors. I've even gone as far as to GIVE AWAY old sets of dishes so I'll have room in my cabinet for more Russell Wright. For me, to get rid of dishes is unheard of. At lease these are useful objects, not just decorative.

Russell Wright Collection at Bauer Showroom, Los Angeles

I know. I know. Crazy, huh?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh WOW, those pink & blue plates ...LOVE! I would remove all my cabinet doors, just to have a spectacular view every time I entered the kitchen!

 
At 11:32 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I AGREE, Amanda! ALL of the colorful dishes are my faves! I have my Russell Wright espresso cups and saucers displayed OUTSIDE the cabinet in my kitchen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery