Thursday, February 28, 2013

Send me a Chart!

Karen's "Maia" Shawl

OK.  I bit the bullet and PURCHASED a pattern.  I don't know why I balk at purchasing patterns.  They are REALLY hard to write. I know.  I've tried.  The designer should be compensated for his/her work.  I guess I'm just accustomed to buying a whole book of patterns, not one at a time. 
I was so dazzled by Karen's "Maia" Shawl at the Student Banquet at Stitches West last weekend, that I couldn't get the pattern out of my head.  Here are some other "Maia" Shawls, found on Ravelry.



Now that I have the pattern in hand, I wound up some of Drew's beautiful "Gemstone" yarn and started the shawl.  ACK!  I need a chart.  I checked the list of everyone on Ravelry who has made this pattern.  So many of them say that the directions are easy.  Hah!  I've been crocheting for over 35 years and I think the directions are confusing.  I'm sure that if I sit in a quiet room, all by myself with photos of other versions of this shawl, I'll be able to figure it out.  I have discovered that I am a visual crocheter, not a literal one.  GIVE ME A CHART! PLEASE!
Ellen's feeble attempt at the "Maia" Shawl

I e-mailed Lisa Naskrent, designer and asked if there was a chart of the first few rows available for "Maia."  I haven't heard from her yet.  Updates soon.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 4:13 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since it's orange, I presume it's for me!
:D
Ha ha ha ha ha!

 
At 4:15 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hahahaha! Leo! My camera exposure is a little off. It's more of an orangey-YELLOW! The yarn is called "Citrine."

 
At 4:33 PM PST, Blogger Barbara said...

Love that yarn! Can't wait to see the shawl.

 
At 9:23 PM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

Good day,
I'm also send a message to the designer for a chart, because I'm stuck at the very beginner, but not replay at all.
If one day she Unswerving to you may be you can share the information.
My email is sopis@optusnet.com.au
Thank you so much
Alicia

 
At 3:16 PM PDT, Blogger Jody Bishel said...

If it makes you feel any better I'm going through the same thing with this pattern. My brain has turned to pudding from trying to decipher the directions.

 
At 3:17 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Yup! It's been YEARS and I still cannot figure out this pattern. I'll just have to sit in a quiet room without distractions and try it again!

 
At 2:54 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there, I'm not sure how long ago you posted this, if you google 'crochet Maia shawl chart' you will see a chart is available.

I think there is a Russian crochet mag that translate patterns to chart as this is the second time I have found a chart for a purchased pattern this way.
😊

 
At 3:42 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

There are multiple Maia shawl charts posted on Pinterest... Google seems to no longer show them...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery