Monday, February 25, 2013

Stitches West 2013

Patty Nance's Yarn Clogs
We had a fantastic time at Stitches West this past weekend!  Brenda and I drove up to Santa Clara on Thursday morning.  With a stop for lunch at Harris Ranch, we made it to the Convention Center by around 4pm, plenty of time to register and attend the Market preview.  We had dinner that night with a few of Brenda's knit blogging friends in the bar at the Hyatt Hotel, next to the Convention Center.  I must say, it's really heart-warming to see hundreds of people sitting in the bar and lobby of a major hotel with knitting needles, crochet hooks and alcoholic beverages!
 
 

Brenda and designer, Kristin Omdahl
 

I had classes on Friday and Saturday.  Friday was my class about learning to read Japanese crochet patterns.  Gayle Roehm was the teacher.  Her information was invaluable.  I can't wait to utilize this info with some of the gorgeous yarn I purchased at SW.  The next day I attended a class by designer, Marly Bird, all about designing crocheted sweaters.  This class was full of useful information too!
Ellen and the Crochet Dude, Drew Emborsky
Friday night Brenda and I ate dinner at a local restaurant with our friends, Ana and Kathleen.  There were so many people from L.A. that we ran into.  On Saturday night, we attended the Student Banquet.  I sat at a table with other members of the El Segundo Slipt Stitchers Guild.  Dinner was delicious.  The highlight was the student fashion show...very inspiring creations!
Peggy, Ann and Karen @the Student Banquet
On Sunday, Brenda and I zoomed through the Market one more time to make sure we saw everything.  We headed home around noon and made it back to L.A. almost in time for the start of the Academy Awards.  I can't wait to sort out my yarn and ideas and plan my next project!
You can see MORE photos from this fabulous weekend here.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:19 PM PST, Blogger betty said...

I was there from about 3PM to 5PM on Saturday, so I must have been there when you were in classes. I did keep an out for you. I couldn't stay much later because I had to do prep for an Oscar party.

Looks like you did much more damage to your wallet than I did!

Betty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery