Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Knit Parade (and Crochet too)

My Knit Parade top ten for 2013 encompasses knitting and crochet projects.  I crocheted a lot of potholders and washcloths this past year, in addition to sweaters, scarves, mitts, shawls and TONS of chemo caps.  
I am most proud of my yarny friends from the West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch, Fairview Knitters and the El Segundo Slipt Stitchers Knitting Guild who donated handmade chemo caps to my cousin Audra's UC San Francisco Fertility Clinic.  Her group harvests eggs for women of childbearing age and freezes them so that they can have biological children post chemotherapy (chemo kills their fertility because it kills the eggs).  Audra's patients all have hair because it’s right before chemo starts. This is the first hat they receive before losing all of their hair.  Audra has a small supply of soft chemo hats that she likes to give to her patients receiving chemo, about 1-2 ladies a week, but her supply is limited. Audra’s patients absolutely LOVE receiving the hats and always get very emotional at the kindness of strangers. Thank you, my friends for donating to this worthy cause.  Here are just some of the beautiful hats that YOU made this year:

We donated over 100 hats in 2013!


I'll be collecting chemo caps for 2014. So, when you see me, give me a cap!!
In addtion to my hat-making, here are some of the projects I enjoyed making during 2013:
Cousin Amie's Doily and Coaster Set

Robbie's Henny Penny Potholder

Beth's Birthday Wristies

Petite Purple Shawlette for Carol's birthday

2013 Potholder Swap

I wear this Granny Cardigan ALL the time!

Owlie for Suzy-ette

The Matthews Twins Baby Cardigans

Brooke's and Deyo's GroovyGhan for their July 4th Wedding

Scour Flower Scrubbie for 2013 Swap.  My own design.
All projects are listed on my Ravelry Project page for details and more info.  
Happy Yarny New Year my friends!! 

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:00 AM PDT, Blogger Billy Kimber said...

WOW! you have crafted everything very beautifully. Keep sharing your awesome products and ideas with us. Now its time to get lock repairing services from Locksmith Leeds click for more information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery