Friday, April 18, 2014

Vintage Photo Friday - Easter

Joan, Patti, Laurie, Ellen and Jan

It's time for the Easter Parade!  Here I am with my girlfriends for a Ladies brunch close to Easter time, 1993.  I think we all look so festive and colorful!  I'm happy to say that I'm still friends with all these ladies, even though Patti moved back to New Orleans and Jan lives in Austin now.  Facebook is a wonderful thing and keeps us all connected.  Happy Easter, Girlfriends!
One special thing to do in L.A. on Easter Sunday, is to attend the service at the Hollywood Bowl.  I was surprised to find out that this is not a SUNRISE service any longer.  It starts at 11 a.m. and it's free.
April 7, 1947.  More than 25,000 worshipers gathered in Hollywood Bowl @ 5:30 a.m. for the Easter Sunrise service.  Trumpeters heralded the dawn.  Photo by Paul Calvert, L.A. Times

Even if you're not religious, this is always quite a spectacle with excellent music.  Easter Sunday is the busiest day for most of the churches in the L.A. area, but I always enjoy driving by the congregations in my area and seeing everyone's beautiful Easter outfits and HATS
I hope you have a joyous celebration.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery