Thursday, May 29, 2014

Summer Tee

This time of year, it's difficult to knit with heavy wool or acrylic.  Cotton, a cotton blend or light weight sock yarn is what we like to work with when the weather turns hot.  Favorite projects besides dishcloths and potholders are tee-shirts.  Personally, I like a boxy tee that's roomy and comfortable for summer.  
Here are a few tee-shirt patterns, found on Ravelry (click on name for pattern), that would be great in cotton yarn for summer wear:
Sagaponack Tee

Sora Motif Sweater

Tweedy--Stripey

Linen Top
I've only been successful making one tee for myself.  A few years ago I spotted the President of our knitting guild, Peggy, wearing a cotton tee that she crocheted out of Aunt Lydia's Cotton Crochet Thread.   This pattern consists of two crocheted rectangles, sewn together at the shoulders and sides, leaving holes for the neck and arms.  I tried the pattern using mercerized cotton.  Mercerized cotton is heavier than Aunt Lydia's thread.  My tee was just OK, but not as flowing or drapey as Peggy's tee.  I shall try again soon!

Peggy and Myra.  Peggy's Blue Tee-Shirt

My "Peggy Tee" - FROGGED!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:48 PM PDT, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Love all the tees - even the one you frogged. I think it looks cute on you. On Peggy's tee, did she hold two strands together? I wanna try it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery