Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Little Surprises

"Yard-sale" Larry and Bozo



Larry and I both have too many "collections."  We like vintage stuff.  I like old pottery, vintage Corning Ware, scarves, handbags and of course YARN.



Out-of-control Yarn collection

Larry collects old guitars, thrift shop paintings, too many records and vintage toys.  He will often alter the look of some of these toys.
I have a child mannequin for my knit and crochet projects in my yarn room.  One day I walked in and Larry had added a crazy clown doll face.  Scared me when I entered the room!
Ellen's Kid-Sized Knit Mannequin with added crazy clown face

Another time, Larry was washing the jacket of his ventriloquist dummy, Jerry.  Jerry was sitting in our laundry room, staring at me when I walked in.  STARTLED.
Jerry, waiting for his clean clothes

Jerry usually sits on our dresser, along with my knitted Slug (thanks, Suzette), a very distressed unclothed Woody Woodpecker toy and a broken Robbie the Robot model.  Larry had recently aired out his Halloween wig.  This is where I found the wig yesterday.

Robbie the Robot, Woody Woodpecker, Slug, Jerry


It's a laugh-riot at our house!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM PST, Blogger Lizzy Tex Borden said...

That very cool figure is actually The Robot from Lost In Space.

 
At 9:35 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Ooops, you are correct, Lizzy! My husband, Larry bought the robot model at Dick Tufeld's estate sale. He was the announcer on "Lost in Space" as well as many other programs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery