Monday, February 23, 2015

Brrrrr-Time for Beanie

We're lucky to have beautiful, mild weather in Southern California. HOWEVER, Los Angeles is basically a desert. It is cold in the mornings and evenings. The ubiquitous beanie is a useful and portable hat to ward off the chill.
Crochet patterns for a basic beanie are plentiful. I've made "Serendipity," found on the Knots of Love website many times, in various colors. I've used yarns in striped patterns, nubby yarns for texture and added pom-poms and flowers to this hat for decoration.
I ran across a photo on someone's blog of this Robot Beanie.  There wasn't a pattern available, but I think I could successfully copy this hat, using my basic beanie pattern!  The minute I saw this cute robot, he reminded me of the dog in The Little Rascals comedies, Petey!!  So cute.

Robot Beanie

"Petey" the Dog

What have you been inspired to crochet lately?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery